Thursday, April 22, 2010

The I Believe Bunny's 1st Baby Shower


There is no doubt that when you are a full-time children's book author you spend a lot of time living inside worlds you create in your head. Because of that I especially love going to fun gatherings with my family and friends where I can share what I'm doing and catch up on the latest things going on with them. Last Saturday was just such a time as I went to my friend Tony's daughter Lindsay's baby shower. Tony and his wife Debbie were nice enough to buy copies of The I Believe Bunny and Sharing with You for everyone at the shower and when I announced that they all were going to get a signed copy of my book I told them it was my "Oprah moment" thanks to Tony and Deb's generosity. I have done book signings for years, but I always get a kick out of who people want the books signed to, sometimes to themselves, a child or grandchild, sometimes they can't decide so I just sign something general, but I always put the date under my signature. I know not all authors do this, but I remember looking back at my original copy ofThe Cat in the Hat which was signed by my mother as a gift to me in 1958 and it always makes me smile. The I Believe Bunny was a big hit at his first ever baby shower! I'm looking forward to many more- he is too.


No comments:

Post a Comment